Administrative Support Specialist (Temporary Employee Pool)
Primary Purpose: Under general direction from the Director of Physical Plant or their designee, the Administrative Support Specialist will provide advance project, reporting, and communications support for the Physical Plant.
This is a temporary, non-benefited position. The position may be extended based upon departmental needs and funding availability.
Essential Functions: 1. Performs administrative duties for department staff using working knowledge of department policies.
2. Provides front line customer service, answers telephones, responds to questions and provides information, routes callers and receives and directs visitors.
3. Create, manage and close work orders on the FAMIS.
4. Prepares and/or composes routine correspondence, reports, memos and e-mail using standard software applications and proofs materials for errors and ensures layout is consistent with University style.
5. Assists with department budget and financial records including but not limited to: o Researches invoices and prepares payment requests, may perform monthly reconcilement of account(s). o Prepares monthly budget reports from Banner for review. o May perform routine cashiering duties.
6. Maintains units calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
7. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
8. Orders units supplies, oversees equipment maintenance and duplicating services.
9. Maintains files for efficient operation and recommend changes to improve office efficiency.
10. Sorts, delivers and manages unit mail both incoming and outgoing.
11. Assists with unit events/activities and participates as needed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience working in higher education in a Physical Plant or similar department. Working knowledge of CMMS, especially FAMIS or equivalent work request system Experience with DayForce time management or equivalent. Experience with Banner or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: At least one (1) year related experience. At least one (1) year post high school education or equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Ability to compose and properly format basic business letters and memos using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to proofread basic documents and to reconcile/balance simple accounts. Demonstrated proficiency using computer office software including word-processing and spreadsheet applications. Ability to perform internet searches and use e-mail. Ability to create presentations using PowerPoint or similar programs desired. Knowledge of basic office procedures, etiquette and discretion; professional manner and attire; courteous phone manners and office reception. Learned knowledge of units policies, procedures and programs. Ability to effectively prioritize work. Familiarity with basic budget and bookkeeping procedures desired. Familiarity with department programs/curricula and ability to answer questions related to course offerings/student study plans. Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion. Work performed primarily in a standard office environment. Flexible schedule available as needed. Work performed during standard business hours.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be requires to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.