Vanderbilt Campus Dining takes pride in the culinary creations served from our kitchens. Our Dining program is highly decorated, the winner of many prestigious awards in the foodservice industry, including Best On-Site Food Service Operation in the Nation, Best Food Service Operator, the prestigious Ivy Award, and many more. We have main dining centers, restaurants, cafes, convenience stores, and over 300 employees.
The Delivery Driver is a key member of the Campus Dining Team within the Division of Administration at Vanderbilt University. The Delivery Driver is responsible for supporting the university operations team in a variety of functions including loading, transporting, and delivering items from production locations to customers on campus in a safe and timely manner and reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, and the customer is satisfied.
Duties and responsibilities
* Load, transport, and deliver items from production locations to customers on campus in a safe and timely manner while using a University vehicle
* Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, and the customer is satisfied
* Evaluates food quality and preparedness by using proper quality control measures
* Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food-handling procedures
* Complete production sheets, which includes logs for waste, temperature and actual prepared product
* Ensure food is stored at the correct temperature for the prescribed length of time while following all food safety standards and complete daily temperature logs
* Report all accidents to the Vanderbilt University Police Department and your department manager
* Assist with inventory, receiving and stocking of merchandise
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area and complete other general cleaning duties
* Reports to management any safety hazards and equipment in need of repair
* Perform all other duties as assigned and/or when needed
* High School Education or equivalent preferred
* More than 2 years' experience in delivery driving is preferred
* 1 year experience in delivery driving is necessary
* Great interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customers service
* Must be able to understand and follow directions
* Ability to read documents
* Previous delivery/driving experience
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
* Stocking and ordering experience preferred
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: 10000036
About Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt University is a center for scholarly research, informed and creative teaching, and service to the community and society at large. Vanderbilt will uphold the highest standards and be a leader in the quest for new knowledge through scholarship, the dissemination of knowledge through teaching and outreach, and the creative experimentation of ideas and concepts. In pursuit of these goals, Vanderbilt values most highly intellectual freedom that supports open inquiry, equality, compassion, and excellence in all endeavors.