Provide classroom instruction in ESL, EL Civics, Workforce Training, & Citizenship.
Essential Duties :
1. Provides ESL activities and instruction across a continuum, from pre- and basic literacy through elementary levels, culminating with transition to English coursework.
2. Provides instruction to help students earn the TxCHSE by successfully passing one of three tests (TASC, HiSET, GED) issued by TEA.
3. Provides instruction that will teach students the skills in obtaining postsecondary and training credentials that are of value to local businesses.
4. Provides ESL instruction and activities for students concurrently and contextually with Workforce Preparation Activities and Workforce Training for specific occupations identified as existing and emerging in-demand or targeted occupations or occupational clusters.
5. Attends professional development as mandated by the state and the needs of the program.
6. Builds curriculum and lesson plans in accordance with accepted Texas Adult Education and Literacy Content standards.
7. Administers BEST (Basic English Skills Test) Plus and/or TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) when applicable to assess incoming students or student progress.
8. Maintains student records and reports progress data for
Internal Number: 9229
About Blinn College
Established in 1883, Blinn College offers a variety of college academic transfer, workforce training, and continuing education classes for more than 18,000 students who attend one of our four campuses or our comprehensive distance education programs. The premier two-year college in Texas, Blinn College has the state's highest percentage of students who transfer to leading four-year institutions.