Responsible for alumni programming and fundraising for an identified set of sport-specific alumni groups, as well as be the primary contact, coordinator and staff representative for assigned sports. Achieves communication, event, career networking, donor participation and dollar goals of the Athletics Partnership in the incumbent's assigned area. Serves as the primary architect of and implementer for the strategic analysis and evaluation of metrics that will guide the work of the Athletics Partnership staff. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Serve as the primary architect of and implementer for a significant component of the overall Athletics Partnership effort *Development of metrics, scorekeeping, analysis, report generation and presentations *Developing the overarching communications strategy for the Athletics Partnership effort across all mediums *Redefining and sustaining the effort to expand the number and dollar value of unrestricted annual gifts to the Athletics Partnership fund *Research the area and determine best practices *Develop a concept that suits Lehigh; present to the Partnership team and obtain feedback; fine-tune the program and perhaps 'pilot'; develop an implementation plan and drive implementation
2. Develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates programs and projects to promote Alumni Relations in assigned sports *Develops and recommends new sport-specific Partnership programs, implementing those that are approved *Sustains and strengthens existing fundraising and alumni relations programs; recruits new volunteers to enhance alumni boards *Evaluates programs and establishes metrics and benchmarks for improvement *Envisions plans and oversees the execution of special events; provides direction to other members of the Athletics Partnership staff in creating, planning and executing special events *Collaborate with the Director to ensure that the minimum number of events are successfully conducted in accordance with the Athletics Partnership strategy
3. Manages sport-specific volunteer boards *Develops and implements an efficient volunteer structure for sport-specific Partnership groups *Develops, renews and sustains existing volunteer boards *Identifies and recruits new volunteers in assigned sports *Evaluates alumni relations programs and makes recommendations for improvement *Plans, coordinates and conducts conference calls and occasional in-person meetings with sport-specific Partnership volunteers *Provides clear volunteer job descriptions and expectations *Manages the process of assigning donor prospects to volunteers *Communicates past history, sport giving potential and current progress with volunteer leadership through direct mail, email, letters, teleconference, etc.
4. Marketing and communications of sport-specific Partnership programs *Develops recommendations for marketing and communications in sport-specific Partnership programs, coordinating plans with the overall marketing and communications strategy for the Athletics Partnership; assists or directly executes those plans in concert with other annual gift officers and staff
5. Meets or exceeds donor participation and dollar goals in an assigned group of sports *Analyzes demographics, giving patterns and history to establish fiscal year goals to define strategies to increase giving *Collaborates with Leadership Gift Officers (LGO) to plan Athletics Partnership asks for LGO-managed prospects *Implements segmented communication systems which are donor-centered to target demographic and giving patterns to maximize fundraising results *Develops and promotes donor recognition initiatives to increase donor retention *Communicates with sport-specific alumni and other donor prospects through direct mail, email, letters, teleconferences, etc., through writing, editing and approving correspondence *Responds to positive and negative constituent reaction *Serves as Athletics Department representative at on- and off-campus events
6. Ensures successful campaigns *Defines a solicitation plan that supports and reflects the overall donor participation and dollar goals to encourage increased giving and participation during campaigns *Organizes and segments non-managed prospects by affinity groups, volunteers preference and other criteria to maximize volunteer efforts and fundraising results *Develops a schedule of donor and prospect members segmented on the basis of their giving history, giving potential and managed prospect status; coordinates the assignment of asks with the respective assigned leadership or Lehigh Fund Giving Officers, solicitation committee members and Lehigh Liners (student callers) *Develops a chart of planned asks with help from LGOs for prospects individually identified with their respective ask amounts and the party responsible for managing the ask
Grade: 9 - 40
Position Number: S99080
This position is expected to partially work remote while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future it is expected that this position will be staffed on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community.
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Supervisory experience preferred
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Solid decision making and problem solving skills
Solid writing ability and organizational skills
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499441
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.