Primary Purpose: Assists Head Coach in administering the men's golf intercollegiate athletics program adhering to University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Functions: 1. Maintains complete knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the departments rules, regulations and policies.
2. Participates in the effective recruiting, instruction and coaching of student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, conditioning, game preparation and strategy.
3. Maintains an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
4. Assists in the preparation of an annual written plan and goals for the program and the annual assessment of performance in relation to the plan and goals.
5. Maintains discipline in the program, promoting fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
6. Maintains an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
7. Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups consistent with the objectives of the athletic program.
8. Assists with recruiting evaluations, official visits and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
9. Assists with the coordination of fundraising activities for the mens golf program.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Experience/Certifications: Bachelors degree. Two (2) years of experience in the sport of golf.
Preferred Qualifications: Skills/Knowledge and Expertise: Working knowledge of NCAA and/or West Coast Conference Rules and regulations as they pertain to student-athletes, coaching, compliance and recruiting procedures and methods. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. CPR certification required by the end of the introductory period of appointment. Must have strong ability to work collaboratively in team environment. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to persuade encourage and motivate team members. Possesses a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization and diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires ability to perform physical activities related to sport. Frequent time spent standing and walking. Occasional climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed in standard office or athletic venues. Requires flexibility in schedule to meet recruiting, game and event schedules. Extensive travel required both national and international.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.