San Francisco Bay university (“SFBU”) seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and professional individual for the part-time role of On-Campus Adjunct Instructor - Computer Science. The successful candidate will also have strong interpersonal skills which will allow the candidate to navigate more traditional methods of developing community awareness of the university.
SFBU, located in Fremont, CA, serves a culturally and economically diverse student body of local and international undergraduate and graduate students, and is dedicated to providing advanced education and promoting professional career development in the fields of business and technology.
On-Campus Adjunct Instructor – Computer Science
Supervisor: Dean and/or Chair
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches Computer Science courses at the graduate level. Desired expertise includes Data Science, Cybersecurity, Mobile Applications (Android & iOS), REST API & Web Services, Advanced Database Design, etc.
- Teaches students effectively in assigned classes and maintains office hours for student consultation in accordance with procedures outlined by SFBU.
- Provides students with a written course syllabus that includes items specified by SFBU.
- Participate in program-level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing/administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Participates in the development and support of their discipline by recommending books and materials and revising curricula.
- Maintains accurate and complete course records as required by law and the Board of Trustees Policies.
- Performs professional activities and assumes professional responsibilities as agreed upon with the school dean and works with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions.
- Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and can incorporate a diversity of delivery of such learning styles in instruction.
- Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Meets professional assignments in accordance with the System’s calendar and contractual obligations.
- Complies with SFBU board policy, state and federal policy, and the student code of conduct as appropriate.
- Serves on and attends university committees as assigned.
- Attends and participates in the Faculty Assembly meetings. Contributes to the initiatives led by the Faculty Assembly or the Academics Administrative Team.
- Attends departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings where appropriate or as required by supervisor.
- Participates in his/her own professional development plan. Plans must be created by the third week of the first semester taught in a calendar year. Progress must be supplied prior to the end of each semester taught
- Remain current in academic or program discipline, including maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
- Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
- Promotes the college in the community by participating in a variety of marketing activities.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal (or virtual) conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each trimester.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with SFBU policies and submit grades and records by the established deadlines.